Jakub Famula Marriage Record #12 - 1812

Więcej
4 lata 1 miesiąc temu #38969 przez Lucy Humphries
Jakub Famula Marriage Record #12 - 1812 was created by Lucy Humphries
Please translate the attached marriage record #12 into English.

Thank you,
Lucy
Załączniki:

Please Zaloguj or Zarejestruj się to join the conversation.

Więcej
4 lata 1 miesiąc temu #38971 przez Rafał Molencki
Replied by Rafał Molencki on topic Jakub Famula Marriage Record #12 - 1812
Lucy,
no need to separate these two records as they both concern the same wedding of Nov 7, 1812 at Oporowice. You may have noticed that one is in Polish and the other in Latin, which shouldn't be too difficult for a speaker of English. The bridegroom was Jakub Famuła 28 years and 3 months old, who produced a baptism certificate from the parish of Olesno in Silesia. He was the son of late Tomasz and Elżbieta nee Goyczyk from the village of Szynwałd. The bride Marianna Marianna Kaczmarkówna, 17 years old. She didn't have her baptism certificate, but most likely for the same reasons as I mentioned before when translating one of the previous records, produced only a civilian 'akt znania' drawn up at the village of Czernica (by a local administrator, I think). She was the daughter of Karol Kaczmarek and Gertruda Gurbiel were settlers at Oporowice. She was also assisted by Franciszek Lipa, "about 60 yrs old". The witnesses were presumablu the bride's cousins or uncles Łukasz (30) and Ambroży (almost 28) Kaczmarek and Jan Kaczmarek, 30, her brother and Grzegorz Gaudyn, 30, stryj, i.e. paternal uncle of the bride Barbara Kaczmarkówna [something wrong here, if stryj, should be Kaczmarek and the name of the girl is different - such mistakes did occur]

Więcej
4 lata 1 miesiąc temu #38972 przez Lucy Humphries
Replied by Lucy Humphries on topic Jakub Famula Marriage Record #12 - 1812
Thank you for the translation Rafal.  Would you know if the parish of Olesno is included in the Czestochowa Church Books. I don't see it listed among the parishes.

Thank you for your help.
Lucy

Więcej
4 lata 1 miesiąc temu - 4 lata 1 miesiąc temu #38974 przez Rafał Molencki
Replied by Rafał Molencki on topic Jakub Famula Marriage Record #12 - 1812
The Olesno church and the buildings around it were burnt in 1945 (last weeks of war) and most of the church books perished in the fire. The ones that survived are kept in Opole state and church archives. They are available online, about which we learnt only last week  ( www.genealodzy.czestochowa.pl/forum/foru...-metrykalne-ad-opole ):

szukajwarchiwach.pl/45/3290/0#tabZespol

archiwum.diecezja.opole.pl/mikrofilmy2/?.../Olesno%20-%20chrzty

Obviously, they are in German. And I just noticed that very early records (late 17th-early 18th c.) are available on FamilySearch (the originals are kept in the church archive in Wrocław):

www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/3597...%20History%20Library

The German name of the town was Rosenberg. Some of the entries are written in the traditional German handwriting called Kurrentschrift. The table in Wikipedia will help you decipher them:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurrent

Good luck! And good night!
Ostatnia4 lata 1 miesiąc temu edycja: Rafał Molencki od.

Więcej
4 lata 1 miesiąc temu #38975 przez Lucy Humphries
Replied by Lucy Humphries on topic Jakub Famula Marriage Record #12 - 1812
Thank you so much for finding all those links.  Hopefully I'll have some luck.
Take care,
Lucy

Czas generowania strony: 0,000 s.
Zasilane przez Forum Kunena

Logowanie