Urszula Famula Baptism Record #38 - 1821

Więcej
4 lata 3 tygodni temu #38990 przez Lucy Humphries
Urszula Famula Baptism Record #38 - 1821 was created by Lucy Humphries
Kindly translate the attached baptismal record #38 from Latin to English to help me determine if Urszula's mother is a different women than the one Jakub Famula married in 1812.  I'm seeing the maiden name Marciniak.

Thank you,
Lucy
Załączniki:

Please Zaloguj or Zarejestruj się to join the conversation.

Więcej
4 lata 3 tygodni temu - 4 lata 3 tygodni temu #38991 przez Rafał Molencki
Replied by Rafał Molencki on topic Urszula Famula Baptism Record #38 - 1821
Same parents as in her marriage record, which I translated for you the other day. Jakub Famuła and Marianna nee Marciniak. Urszula was born at 10pm Oct 21, 1812. In the last line the godparents are listed.
According to the entry, the baptismal ceremony also took place on Oct 21, which I can hardly imagine given that the girl was born at 10pm. She must have been born a couple of days before.
Ostatnia4 lata 3 tygodni temu edycja: Rafał Molencki od.

Więcej
4 lata 3 tygodni temu #38993 przez Lucy Humphries
Replied by Lucy Humphries on topic Urszula Famula Baptism Record #38 - 1821
Thank you for the translation Rafal.  Looks like Urszula is on of 6 siblings.  The mother of the first two childern born 1815 & 1816 is Marianna Karczmarek who was married to Jakub Famula November 1812.  The mother of the the other four childern born between 1818 and 1828 is Marianna Marciniak.  However, I can't find a marriage record for the 2nd marriage even though the marriage records are available on Family Search for that time period between 1816 and 1818.  It is a real head scratcher.  I can't find a death record for Marianna Karczmarek which isn't surprising since the Parish of Wydrzyn doesn't have any death records on Family Search, and unfortunately there are very few death records on Geneteka for .the Parish of Wydrzyn as well.    

Thanks again,
Lucy

Więcej
4 lata 3 tygodni temu #39001 przez Rafał Molencki
Replied by Rafał Molencki on topic Urszula Famula Baptism Record #38 - 1821
There are a couple of explanations, but all leading to the same Marianna, I think. The priest may simply  have made a mistake. Or the people reporting the births to the priest. One of the names could have been, for example, her mother's maiden name. Or Marianna may have used two different surnames or nicknames, which was quite common in those days, e.g. my third great grandmother at more or less the same time is in some records Apolonia Molęcka nee Skibińska, and in others Apolonia Molęcka nee Tarnawska. The same story for some other of my women ancestors in the 18th and 19th century. Marciniak may have been the surname describing a descendant of some Marcin (Polish for Martin) and Ka(r)czmarczyk the nickname describing one of the Marciniak sons as "the son of innkeeper", literally "little innkeeper" - karczmarz vs. karczmarczyk.

Więcej
4 lata 3 tygodni temu #39004 przez Lucy Humphries
Replied by Lucy Humphries on topic Urszula Famula Baptism Record #38 - 1821
Hopefully that is the reason for the two different last names for the mother.  Thank you for sharing your expertise.

Lucy

Czas generowania strony: 0,000 s.
Zasilane przez Forum Kunena

Logowanie