Topic-icon Wincenty Nowak Death Record 154 - 1823

4 tygodni 1 dzień temu #39919 przez Lucy Humphries
Please translate the attached death record from Polish into English.

Best regards,
Lucy

www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY...362244701&cc=2115410

Proszę Zaloguj , aby dołączyć do konwersacji.

4 tygodni 1 dzień temu - 4 tygodni 21 godzin temu #39920 przez Michał Makuch
154. Raduczyce,
29th of November 1823, around 9:00 am. Before me, the priest in Osiaków who held the duties of civil registrar of the Osjaków commune, poviat of Wieluń, Kalisz voivodeship. Appeared Jan … (?) 41 y.o., and Tomasz Strobel (?) 62 y.o. , both neighbors of the deceased, living in Raduczyce, a village in the Osjaków parish, and declared that on November 27 this year at around 6:00 am Wincenty Nowaczyk died in Raduczyce, 50 years old, husband of Gertruda (Giertruda) from Kraiow (?)
Nowaczykowa.
After being convinced ...

4 tygodni 20 godzin temu #39925 przez Lucy Humphries
Thank you for the translation Michal.  The writing on the record was very beautiful but very difficult to try and decipher.   

Kind regards,
Lucy.

4 tygodni 19 godzin temu #39926 przez Michał Makuch
Yes it's true, very hard to read. I am not 100% sure about the widow's maiden name.
Best regards
M

4 tygodni 18 godzin temu #39928 przez Rafał Molencki
Michał is a far more diligent translator than myself. Very good :-)  I confirm that Gertruda's maiden name was Kraj (here in the genitive plural form Kraiów). And the first witness was Jan Pochrzęst.

4 tygodni 17 godzin temu #39929 przez Lucy Humphries
Thank you both for your help.  I actually found Wincenty Nowak and Gertruda Kraj's marriage record in the Parish of Ruda, 1798 (in Latin) which gave me the father's names for both Wincenty and Gertruda.  I see there are a lot of surnames of "Krej" in Ruda.  Do you think Krej  could be interchangeable with Kraj? 

Thanks again,
Lucy

4 tygodni 13 godzin temu #39934 przez Rafał Molencki
Very much so. It's the same name and such variants often occurred in the past. A and E are quite close to each other on the vowel diagram.

4 tygodni 10 godzin temu #39936 przez Lucy Humphries
Thanks again for all your help.  Have a good night.  :)

Lucy

Czas generowania strony: 0,000 s.