Josefa Surma - Baptism Record #149 -1896

Więcej
3 lata 2 miesiąc temu #41475 przez Lucy Humphries
Josefa Surma - Baptism Record #149 -1896 was created by Lucy Humphries
Please translate the attached Baptisimal record #149 into English from Russian.
Thank you and kind regards.
Lucy

metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=3&z...#zoom=1&x=1663&y=180

Please Zaloguj or Zarejestruj się to join the conversation.

Więcej
3 lata 2 miesiąc temu #41479 przez Rafał Molencki
Replied by Rafał Molencki on topic Josefa Surma - Baptism Record #149 -1896
Hi Lucy! This is a rather interesting matter. The original record of 11/9/1896 states that, in the presence of Antoni Kozłowski and Józef Fuks, both servants at Starzenice, Teofila Fuks, the midwife, reported the birth of a baby girl born at 9pm on Nov 8 of Marianna Surma, a maidservant of Starzenice aged 21. The girl was christened Józefa and the godparent were Józef Surdyban and Agnieszka Fuks.
What's really intriguing is the two margin notes. The first one of 5/12/1954 orders that the name Antoni be written in the entry for the father's first name and is signed by Civil Registrar at Ol...??. The other was added at Wieluń on 11/23/1962 and states that in the entry for the father's surname "Surma" was inscribed according to Article 80 of Civil Registry Law. I looked up the regulation and found out that art. 80 refers to the deceased.
So my interpretation (very subjective) is that Józefa died in 1962 and the registrar had to find a way of filling up the slot of the father's surname. However, that doesn't explain why Józefa needed her (unknown) father's name in 1954. Was she getting married at the time? Was there any Antoni Surma who could have fathered her? Looks very mysterious.

Więcej
3 lata 2 miesiąc temu - 3 lata 2 miesiąc temu #41484 przez Lucy Humphries
Replied by Lucy Humphries on topic Josefa Surma - Baptism Record #149 -1896
Hi Rafal. Thank you for the translation. The mystery continues with the Surma family.

I found a German document from, I believe 1945 indicating Josefa and her children arrived in Germany 1939 Oct 4. On the document it includes the following info:
Father - Anton Surma, Mother - Marie, maiden name also Surma , both born in Starisnice, both living in Kreszow. I don't know if that should be Starzenice and Krzeczow.
Birthdate for Josefa - 1899 Oct 8.
Husband - Antje Surma, born 1899 in Kreszow, died 1930

What is of interest is that my grandmother and grandfather (Antoni Famulski) arrived in Germany 1939 Oct 4 as well. My grandmother is Stanislawa Famulski, born Surma. There has to be a connection there. Just can't put the pieces together. But I will keep trying.
Take care,
Lucy
Ostatnia3 lata 2 miesiąc temu edycja: Lucy Humphries od. Powód: Clarity

Więcej
3 lata 2 miesiąc temu #41486 przez Rafał Molencki
Part of the mystery is explained here:

metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=3&z...#zoom=2&x=290&y=1408 :

This is the marriage record of Antoni and Marianna on 1/17/1897, i.e. after Józefa's birth. On 1/30/1899 another child was born - the boy named Paweł:
www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY...363818301&cc=2115410

In their marriage document it is written that Antoni was a bachelor, 23, son of late Jan Surma and (still living) Franciszka Bednik. Marianna was (officially) a maiden, also 23, daughter of Wojciech Surma & Magdalena Świat. So they may have been cousins, but distant enough - if they'd been close cousins, they would have needed the local bishop's permission. It looks that either Antoni was Józefa's father or he only claimed that he was to save Józefa's reputation.

Więcej
3 lata 2 miesiąc temu #41487 przez Lucy Humphries
Replied by Lucy Humphries on topic Josefa Surma - Baptism Record #149 -1896
Hi Rafal. Thank you for looking into the matter further. The above mentioned Antoni Surma has a brother Stanislaw Surma. My grandmother's father as per her Baptism record dated 1905 was Stanislaw Surma. But I didn't think it could be the same Stanislaw because he got married to Maryanna Stempien in 1910.

Would you please translate the attached marriage record #14 for Stanislaw Surma. Maybe it is a second marriage.
Thank you, Lucy

metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=3&z...g#zoom=1&x=286&y=186

Więcej
3 lata 2 miesiąc temu #41488 przez Rafał Molencki
No, Lucy. For both of them it was their first marriage. Stanisław was yesterday's Antoni's brother, son of late Jan Surma and Franciszka Bednik, aged 33, born & living at Starzenice. Marianna was the daughter of late Jakub Stępień (or Stempień) and Antonina nee Stępień (again the same surname for both), aged 24, born at Stawek, parish Czarnożyły and now living at her brother-in-law's place at Starzenice. The marriage ceremony was held 1/24/1910, witnesses: Franciszek Surma and Antoni Ciach.

Czas generowania strony: 0,000 s.
Zasilane przez Forum Kunena

Logowanie