Search for the roots of the family Nicia, settlers in colony Węglowice

Więcej
4 lata 3 miesiąc temu #38551 przez Antonius Nicia
Dear all, until recently the only information that I had on my ancestors in Węglowice was a document WYCIĄG z ksiąg ludności stałej – powiatu Częstochowa – gminy Węglowice, dated 5 August 1940. A scan of the WYCIĄG I have attached.
My grandfather is Anton Nicia, born 9 January 1898 in Węglowice. Anton is the grandson of Winzenty Nicia (or should it be Nitz?). Due to several events in World War 2, my father finally had to settle in The Netherlands, which is my home country too.
Recently I read an interesting article with subsequent forum discussion on this platform.
The title is: KOLONIŚCI NIEMIECCY W WĘGLOWICE I PUSZCZEWIE
In the forum discussion on this article it was stated that in the marriage certificate of the parafii Truskolasy from 1845 the family name of Winzenty is written as Nitz. Is it for sure that our original family name is NITZ, or is it possible that it is an accidental error of the priest?
Also mentioned in the discussion was that Winzenty was the son of Kacper and Elżbieta from FREJWALDEN in Austria. However, I cannot find a place with such a name.
Another mystery is that according to the attached WYCIĄG z ksiąg ludności stałej the place of birth of Winzenty  is Traktdorf in the year 1821. AlsoTraktdorf I cannot find anywhere.
Any help on the above questions would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance. Antonius Nicia.
Załączniki:

Please Zaloguj or Zarejestruj się to join the conversation.

• Rafał Molencki
  • Z dala
  • Użytkownik
  • Użytkownik
Więcej
4 lata 3 miesiąc temu #38556 przez Rafał Molencki
Here is the marriage record of Oct 12,1845, parish of Truskolasy:
szukajwarchiwach.pl/8/118/0/2/102/skan/f...KLyCOd6pujH9sI6EXSLg
which says that Wincenty Nitz of Węglowice, bachelor, aged 22, son of late Kacper and still living Elżbieta married Joanna Pal, virgin, 21, daughter of late Józef and living Franciszka.
It also says that Wincenty was born in "Frejwaldem in the Austrian state", which I suspect was the town of Freiwaldau in the not so remote Austrian Silesia known today as Jesenik in the Czech Republic - Bohemia was under the Austrian Habsburg rule at the time. After the family settled in the then Russian-occupied part of Poland for good, the German (or perhaps Czech) name Nitz was adapted to the sound of the Polish language and became Nicia, as simple as that. Many foreign names were polonized and even translated in those days.
As for Traktdorf, this is definitely misspelling of ?Trachtdorf, ?Drachtdorf or something similar, probably somewhere near Freiwaldau/Jesenik. One would have to look for it on a 19th c. map.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Antonius Nicia

Więcej
4 lata 3 miesiąc temu #38558 przez Jacek Tomczyk
Pierwsza żona Wincentego Joanna zmarła w 1867, w tym samym roku Wincenty pobrał się po raz drugi z Józefą Zejler. Nazwisko zapisano jako Nitz i to był ostatni zapis w tej formie. Ich dzieci zapisywano już jako Nicia.

Więcej
4 lata 3 miesiąc temu #38560 przez Antonius Nicia
Thank you so much for this information, as I now know for sure that our original family name is Nitz.
Combining your input and the provided data from the earlier forum discussion, with my attached WYCIĄG document, I come to the following:
Wincenty is born in 1823 in Freiwaldau/Jesinek (Austria) and married in 1845 Joanna Pal (born 1824). Joanna passed away in june 1867. She got with Wincenty 3 children: Antoni (1846), Ludwika (8 July 1856) and Theofil (25 February 1866). Wincenty marries 15 October 1867 for the second time, with Józefa Zejler (born 4 September 1851). Wincenty gets with Józefa another 7 children.
Is this a correct summary?
I would like to know too, when Wincenty as well as Józefa have passed away. Hopefully, someone can clarify this for me.
Best regards, Antonius Nicia

Więcej
4 lata 3 miesiąc temu - 4 lata 3 miesiąc temu #38561 przez Jacek Tomczyk
Wincenty zmarł w 1890 roku w Węglowicach akt nr 214. A akcie zgonu zapisano, że urodził się w Austrii. Miejscowości nie podano. To co napisałeś jest OK.  Zachowało się oświadczenie z 1845 złożono do aktu ślubu w którym pisze, że Wincenty nie może jechać po metrykę bo granice są zamknięte, więc dane o urodzeniu w Austrii poświadczają sąsiedzi z rodziny Weber.  To oświadczenie jest w Archiwum w Częstochowie. Pozdrawiam J.T.

P.S. Nazwisko drugiej żony zapisywano w różnych formach; Zejler, Zeler, Zeller.
Ostatnia4 lata 3 miesiąc temu edycja: Jacek Tomczyk od.

Więcej
4 lata 3 miesiąc temu #38564 przez Antonius Nicia
So good to know this, as I now understand why it was so difficult to find out the place of birth of Wincenty. It would be nice to have the statement of closed borders in 1845 and testimony of Weber family. Is it possible to get a scan or a link of it? For what reason where the borders closed at that time? By the way, when did Józefa Zejler passed away?
I guess my next project will be to find  Nitz ancestors in or around Freiwaldau/Jesenik. Does anyone has suggestions how or where to start or any useful links?
Teofil (25 February 1866) is the son of Wincenty and the father of my grandfather Anton. From old oral family information, which might be not too accurate, I was told that: Teofil was married 3 times and had 4 children. Only Antonina Weber (3 June 1867) is
known to me. The other 2 wifes are unknown as well as the date of the 3 marriages. The 4 children mentioned to me are: Piotr/Pietrik (1893), Marianna (?), Franciszek (1895), Anton (1898). Who is the mother of what child is not told to me, except
for Anton. Finally, it was said that Teofil became very old and passed away in 1961 at the age of 95.
Is it possible to complete and verify the above data, such that I have a full picture? I would be very grateful for that.
Regards, Antonius Nicia

Czas generowania strony: 0,000 s.
Zasilane przez Forum Kunena

Logowanie