Polish to English please - birth akt. Check my translation?

Więcej
8 lata 3 miesiąc temu - 8 lata 3 miesiąc temu #22784 przez Caroline Brymora
Hello,
The attached Akt is birth - I think 1848 (says 1948, but I think this is an error of the writer).

I can read some of these records now, just need help to check what I have read and fill in what I have missed please!

I think it reads that on the 11 May 1848 in Konstantynow, Waclaw Gertner father living in Srebna age 50
witnesses Jan Gertner age 47 and Karol Muller age 60, both residents of Srebna. Two children twins (then a lot I can't read) mother Katarzyna Frauenfelder age 31. Names Katarzyna and Filip . godparents Jan Gertner and Katarzyna Gertner of Srebna. Then is it the standard statement that witnesses do not know now to write.

This was sent to me, a photocopy obtained from archives some time ago.
The records in metriky.genbaza for Katholik Konstantynow only start in 1893. I have looked everywhere for this record - Kazimierz, Biala Gorna, Czarny Las. Are the records for this church scans online? The marriage of Waclaw and Barbara Katarzyna Frauenfelder was in Srebna, and in books for Kazimierz 1840 - but Akt 29 of 1848 is NOT this record. I wonder if a new church was built closer to Srebna and people went there instead?

Thank you!
Załączniki:
Ostatnia8 lata 3 miesiąc temu edycja: Caroline Brymora od.

Please Zaloguj or Zarejestruj się to join the conversation.

Więcej
8 lata 3 miesiąc temu - 8 lata 3 miesiąc temu #22785 przez Krzysztof R. Osada
Replied by Krzysztof R. Osada on topic Polish to English please - birth akt. Check my translation?
My translation is not literal and may have some grammar mistakes, yet I hope that it will help you.

It happened in town Konstantynów on the eleventh of May eighteen hundred and forty eight at seven o'clock in the morning. The father, Wacław Gertner, was a 50-year-old farmer from Srebna. He arrived with two farmers, Jan Gertner and Karol Muller, who were respectively 47 and 60 years old. Wacław Gertner showed his two children, a daughter born on the tenth of May at seven o'clock in the morning and a son born sixteen hours later. Gertner stated that the mother of his children was Katarzyna Frauenfeld, who was 31 years old. During the christening which occurred on the eleventh of May the girl was named Katarzyna and the boy was called Filip. The godparents of the twins were Jan and Katarzyna Gertner from Srebna. The last sentence implies that the father of the children was able to write but it can be also just a mental shortcut.

As for records from Konstantynów Łódzki, most of them have not been available on the Internet yet.
Ostatnia8 lata 3 miesiąc temu edycja: Krzysztof R. Osada od.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Caroline Brymora

Więcej
8 lata 3 miesiąc temu #22786 przez Caroline Brymora
Thank you :) I am happy to know that I worked out a lot of it correctly!

He could write, as I have sign his signature on other documents. Perhaps he had his hands too full with two babies to write his name :)

Czas generowania strony: 0,000 s.
Zasilane przez Forum Kunena

Logowanie