Grandfather and Grandmothers Baptism Records

Więcej
4 lata 8 miesiąc temu #37068 przez Lucy Humphries
Grandfather and Grandmothers Baptism Records was created by Lucy Humphries
Please translate the attached baptism records from Russian to English.

Thank you,
Lucy
Załączniki:

Please Zaloguj or Zarejestruj się to join the conversation.

• Rafał Molencki
  • Z dala
  • Użytkownik
  • Użytkownik
Więcej
4 lata 8 miesiąc temu - 4 lata 8 miesiąc temu #37069 przez Rafał Molencki
Replied by Rafał Molencki on topic Grandfather and Grandmothers Baptism Records
All these records follow the same template: "It happened WHERE, WHEN". Father, his age, job appeared in the presence of two witnesses, their age and jobs [if father is unknown or absent, it will be a midwife], and showed to us a baby born of mother, her age, date, hour. At baptism (performed by PRIEST'S NAME),  the baby was given NAME(s).  The godparents were NAMES.  The act was read out loud to everyone and signed [by those who knew how to do it, until late 19th c. usually the priest only]. We have double dating, as in the parts of Poland occupied by Russia the official calendar was Julian, while the Catholic church followed the Gregorian calendar - at the time there was a 13-day difference.

Record One:
Osjaków  20 May/1 June 1899. Andrzej Famulski, 27, farmer from Raduczyce + witnesses Antoni Krzesiński and Marcin Nawrocki, both 35, farmers from Raduczyce, showed to us a baby boy saying that he was born at Raduczyce today at 2pm [highly unlikely: the boy can't have been born in one village and baptised by the priest at church in another village simultaneously] of his lawful wife Antonina born Podgórniak, 24. At baptism he was given name Antoni. Godparents: Wojciech Famulski and Agnieszka Nowicka

Record Two:
Mierzyce, 11/24 Apr 1905 1am. Stanisław Surma, 40, labourer from Krzeczów + witnesses Bogumił Góra, 60 and Sebastian Wróbel, 43, peasants from Krzeczów, showed to us a baby girl saying that she was born at Krzeczów at noon 4/17 Apr of his lawful wife Marianna born Świat, 30. Godparents: Franciszek Kurszawa and Jadwiga Góra.
Ostatnia4 lata 8 miesiąc temu edycja: Rafał Molencki od.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lucy Humphries

Więcej
4 lata 8 miesiąc temu #37073 przez Lucy Humphries
Replied by Lucy Humphries on topic Grandfather and Grandmothers Baptism Records
Thank you for the translation Rafal.  You answered a lot of questions whether I even had the right grandfather and mother.s birth information.  

• Rafał Molencki
  • Z dala
  • Użytkownik
  • Użytkownik
Więcej
4 lata 7 miesiąc temu - 4 lata 7 miesiąc temu #37074 przez Rafał Molencki
I forgot to translate that the girl was christened Stanisława, but you knew that anyway.

Using the data from the record, one can easily go a couple of generations back. Here you have the birth record of your great grandpa Andrzej Famulski:

www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY...363719201&cc=2115410

born at Raduczyce on  Nov 12, 1871. Father Roch Famulski, peasant, aged 30, mother Marianna Domagała, also 30.

Roch and Marianna got married on Jan 12, 1862:

www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT...363757901&cc=2115410

Roch was probably the illegitimate son of Urszula Famulak and was born 1841 at Raduszyce. Marianna, aged 25, came from Nowa Wieś and was the daughter of late Piotr and still living Franciszka Lebioda. Below is Roch's birth record:

www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT...363718001&cc=2115410

His birth of Urszula Famulanka, aged 21, on July 20, 1841 is announced by the midwife.
Ostatnia4 lata 7 miesiąc temu edycja: Rafał Molencki od.

Więcej
4 lata 7 miesiąc temu #37077 przez Lucy Humphries
Replied by Lucy Humphries on topic Grandfather and Grandmothers Baptism Records
Thank you some much for the additional information.  I wasn't sure if Roch Famulski did have a father mentioned on the record.  My Polish isn't very good to start with and the writing is hard to read.  I have hit a dead end with my grandmother.  I don't know if her parents came from a different diocese.  

Thanks again for taking the time to write back Rafal.
Lucy

• Rafał Molencki
  • Z dala
  • Użytkownik
  • Użytkownik
Więcej
4 lata 7 miesiąc temu #37078 przez Rafał Molencki
The names Surma and Świat do appear in the nearby parish of Ruda, villages Starzenice, Jodłowiec and Kamionka . There are some gaps in the records before 1865 and the only Stanisław Surma I find is the one who was born in 1870 (rec. 60):

metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=3&z...oom=1.5&x=300&y=1232

born at Kamionka Apr 26, 1870 of Walenty Surma, farmer, aged 30 and Marianna Jasnowska, aged 21

And I think I found your great grandma Marianna Świat's birth (rec. 137):

metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=3&z...8.jpg#zoom=1&x=0&y=0

born at Starzenice Nov 17, 1874 of Kazimierz Świat, farmer, aged 46 and Marianna Gębuś, aged 45

Czas generowania strony: 0,000 s.
Zasilane przez Forum Kunena

Logowanie