Grandfather and Grandmothers Baptism Records

Więcej
4 lata 8 miesiąc temu #37082 przez Lucy Humphries
Replied by Lucy Humphries on topic Grandfather and Grandmothers Baptism Records
Hi Rafal,  The Dates make sense for Marianna Swiat since Stanislawa's baptismal record said Marianna was 30 in 1905.  But Stanislaw's age was 40 on Stanislawa's baptismal record.  Would this be a common practice to just round up or down the ages.  I have been searching for a marriage record in the parish of Ruda with no luck.  I have been searching on the Genetaka  website.

Thanks again for all your help.
Lucy

Please Zaloguj or Zarejestruj się to join the conversation.

Więcej
4 lata 8 miesiąc temu - 4 lata 8 miesiąc temu #37087 przez Rafał Molencki
Replied by Rafał Molencki on topic Grandfather and Grandmothers Baptism Records
Oh, yes. The ages in the records are often very approximate, ten years up or down wasn't uncommon. The crucial thing is now to find Stanisław and Marianna's marriage record. Normally, it would have taken place in the bride's parish but the parish of Ruda does not have it. So we're probably stuck until somebody has indexed their wedding somewhere else or come across it by chance. It may be soon or in a couple of years, one has to be patient in genealogical studies...

PS
I just looked up Geneteka and it looks that the Stanisław Surma from Kamionka, whom I found yesterday, is not yours. He married Marianna Naczyńska and they had a couple of kids. Agewise, when his daughter is born in 1904, he is reported to be 32 years old and when another one is born in 1906, he's only 30...

metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=3&z...#zoom=2&x=1524&y=294

This may mean that your Stanisław was born c1864, but the problem is that the birth records from Ruda between 1857-1864 are unavailable.

PPS
Here's Kazimierz Świat's death record - 9 Feb 1891 at the age of 62. His widow Marianna born Gębuś:
metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=3&z...g#zoom=2&x=174&y=718

And their marriage  - 23 Nov 1851  Kazimierz, 19, son of Adam and Anna Świat + Marianna Gębuś, 23, daughter of late Kazimierz and living Małgorzata (no maiden names of mothers), both from Starzenice:
metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=3&z...g#zoom=1.75&x=85&y=0
Ostatnia4 lata 8 miesiąc temu edycja: Rafał Molencki od.

Więcej
4 lata 8 miesiąc temu #37094 przez Lucy Humphries
Replied by Lucy Humphries on topic Grandfather and Grandmothers Baptism Records
Hi Rafal, I appreciate you looking further into the connection between Surma and Swiat.  You have been such a big help. I find both Geneteka and Metryki great sites for searching for names and dates.  

Thanks again,
Lucy 

Czas generowania strony: 0,000 s.
Zasilane przez Forum Kunena

Logowanie