Michal Bulinski

Więcej
4 lata 6 miesiąc temu #37097 przez Lucy Humphries
Karol Bulla was created by Lucy Humphries
Please translate the attached Marriage/Banns record for Karol Bulla from Polish to English.  I believe Karol Bulla's father's name may be incorrect on this record.

Thank you 
Lucy 
Załączniki:

Please Zaloguj or Zarejestruj się to join the conversation.

Więcej
4 lata 6 miesiąc temu - 4 lata 6 miesiąc temu #37103 przez Rafał Molencki
Replied by Rafał Molencki on topic Karol Bulla
Banns were usually announced for three Sundays in a row. Here we have the first banns. on Jan 14 1827, with the info that the remaining two will be read on Jan 21 and 28. The groom: Karol Bula, bachelor, son of Bruno (here misspelt genitive form "Bronona") and Rozalia,  peasant serving as a farmer in Rząbiec. The bride: Joanna Borkowska, virgin, daughter of Tadeusz and Elżbieta, servant at Rząbiec. Regrettably, neither the ages nor the mothers' maiden names are mentioned.

Having written the above, I looked up FamilySearch and found their marriage record of Feb 26, 1827:

www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33SQ...362826001&cc=2115410

Here you have the full info. Karol was born in Gidle. He was 21 years and 4 months old and was serving for a farmer (w służbie u gospodarza). His parents were Bruno and Rozalia Kami(e)ńska. Joanna was 21 years and 9 months old, born at Raczyn. Her parents: late Tadeusz and Elżbieta Krzysztofińska. The three living parents gave their consent to the marriage. And your doubt about the father's name is explained: the witnesses are Grzegorz Dudek and Jan Bula, the groom's father, aged 52 - this time not Bruno. He may have had a double name or the priest/organist may have a made mistake, which often happened.

And here's Joanna's birth record from Raczyn 23 June 1805. It's in Latin, so I believe you can manage on your own:

www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY...362252702&cc=2115410

And Karol's at Gidle at 1pm 2 Nov 1805. Father's name - Joannis Bulla (double l, which may have stood for Ł):

www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:939L...363097601&cc=2115410
Ostatnia4 lata 6 miesiąc temu edycja: Rafał Molencki od.

Więcej
4 lata 6 miesiąc temu #37108 przez Lucy Humphries
Replied by Lucy Humphries on topic Karol Bulla
Hello Rafal,  Thank you for the translations and explaining why the father's name may have got mixed up.  I wonder if Bruno was Joannis' brother.  Thank you for finding the additional records.  I wasn't able to find Joanna's birth record.  I don't think the Gidle records go back much further on line.

I appreciate all your help. You are always thorough in your answers.
Kind regards,
Lucy

Więcej
4 lata 6 miesiąc temu #37109 przez Rafał Molencki
Replied by Rafał Molencki on topic Karol Bulla
It's all right, Lucy, you're welcome. There is some messup with the Gidle records, which does not surprise me much after several years in this genealogical business :-) First of all, sometimes the name is spelt with one "l", sometimes with double "l", but that wasn't uncommon at the time. On second thoughts, I don't think there was original "ł" - the declined forms in the Polish records would have been different. The name also had a variant ending in -ski: Buliński, as can be seen in Geneteka  - the same people are sometimes Bula/Bulla, sometimes Buliński (I have similar variant forms among my ancestors):

geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&l...&from_date=&to_date=

Indeed, your Karol dies as Buliński on May 30, 1855:
www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33SQ...7YP?i=650&cc=2115410

I think the priest/organist who wrote the records mistook Karol's grandfather Bruno for his father Jan. There was a Bruno Bula: he died on July 1, 1828 at the age of 76, leaving his widow Salomea (probably second wife). The news of his death is brought by his two sons: Marcin, aged 45 and Jan, aged 40:

www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33SQ...-C58?i=61&cc=2115410

Jan must have been much older, as at the wedding of his son Karol the year before he is said to be 52. At his wedding with Antonina Zięba (aged 23) on Oct 13, 1823 Marcin, aged 44, just widowed from Anna born Królik (died 20 Sept - three weeks before! first banns a week after Anna;s death on Sept 28) described as the shoemaker (mistrz kunsztu szewskiego), is reported to be the son of Bruno and Gertruda (most likely Bruno's first wife):

www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33SQ...KY5?i=285&cc=2115410

In 1829, reporting his (quite late) son Adam's death:

www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33S7...-CMY?i=93&cc=2115410

Jan, the father is said to be 48 and the other witness Marcin, the shoemaker is 48. The boy's mother is now Rozalia born Rózycka, so another inconsistency. Or perhaps Jan had two wives with the same name Christian name: Rozalia Kamińska  and Rozalia Różycka? The other one is in some other family records described as Rożańska and even Raczyńska. The priest may have been deaf and/or the people were not sure what their surnames were, they didn't really need them. In the popular Polish movie Konopielka, which happens in a remote village in the 1950s there is a famous scene when the woman is surprised and amused on discovering her husband's surname when their kids were already teenagers. They kept their marriage certificate behind the picture of Virgin Mary.

Więcej
4 lata 6 miesiąc temu #37110 przez Lucy Humphries
Rafal, you amaze me.  How were you able to find all that additional information?  Thank you so much.  I would not have guessed Bruno could have been Jan's father.  I was curious how Bulla became Bulinski later, since there were Bulinski names at the same time as the Bulla names.
I will have to try and watch that move Konopielka.  It sounds entertaining.
I will see what I can find out with the new information you have provided for me.

Thanks again.
Lucy

Więcej
4 lata 6 miesiąc temu #37111 przez Lucy Humphries
Rafal, it is funny that you mentioned the marriage certificate behind the picture of the Virgin Mary.  My mom had brought a picture of the Virgin Mary back from Poland which had hung in her families home for decades.  After my mom passed I took the picture and replaced the original frame.  I was wondering if there was anything tucked away in the back.  Unfortunately there was no marriage certificate.

Thanks again,
Lucy

Czas generowania strony: 0,000 s.
Zasilane przez Forum Kunena

Logowanie