Michal Bulinski

Więcej
4 lata 7 miesiąc temu - 4 lata 7 miesiąc temu #37112 przez Rafał Molencki
Replied by Rafał Molencki on topic Karol Bulla
I have only used the Geneteka searcher and put all the variants of the name that came to my mind. Now you should put all this in order, generation after generation. It's also useful to take brothers and sisters into account, as some important info missing from your direct ancestors' records may be included in theirs. So there is a lot of work for you to do. As not all the years are available in Geneteka, you should try and go through all the years. The Geneteka searcher does not take you to the given record, but only to the beginning  of the year. But there are alphabetical lists at the end of each year and the records are numbered. Remember that in the 1810s-1820s boys' and girls' baptismal records are numbered separately. If you suspect you have found something important, feel free to send the image and/or the link for me to decipher the contents.
I am wondering why Bula/Buliński wives are not included in the death records in Geneteka. They probably died in the missing years. The only one I just found is Rozalia, who died Oct 29, 1835:

www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33S7...HMG?i=281&cc=2115410

It is written in the act that the witnesses - her son Karol, 30 and (most likely the closest neighbor according to the custom) Wojciech Spruch, 52 did not know her parents' names. So Karol didn't know who his grandparents were. Or the priest forgot to ask him and then wrote that in the book, they often did it after a couple of days or even weeks. Nobody checked it, as most people were still illiterate in those days (until late 19th c.). It is also written that she left her widower Jan, four sons Karol, Leon, Mateusz and Michał and two daughters Marianna and Anastazja.
Ostatnia4 lata 7 miesiąc temu edycja: Rafał Molencki od.

Please Zaloguj or Zarejestruj się to join the conversation.

Więcej
4 lata 7 miesiąc temu #37113 przez Lucy Humphries
Replied by Lucy Humphries on topic Karol Bulla
Thank you Rafal.  Looks like I have a lot of searching a head of me.  On Rozalia's death record, if I read it right Jan her husband is still alive.  

Thanks again, much appreciated.
Lucy

Więcej
4 lata 7 miesiąc temu #37114 przez Rafał Molencki
Yes, as I wrote above, on her death at Przyborów on 29 Oct 1835 Rozalia Bulińska left her widower Jan and six children. Her unknown by name parents were from Dąbrowa.

Act 168 of 1847:
www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33SQ...W56?i=546&cc=2115410

says that Jan Buliński, a beggar (pauper) from Katarzyna, son of unknown parents, died on Oct 20, 1847 at the age of 70. The news is announced by Maciej Szulc and Urban Spruch, who seem unrelated. Would that mean that his children had abandoned him (if it's him at all?)?

Więcej
4 lata 7 miesiąc temu #37115 przez Lucy Humphries
Hello Rafal,  I have found the Death record for Gertrude Bulla.  She had died in 1811 the same year Bruno was getting remarried.  I believe she was 60 at the time of her death, which means she would have been born in 1751 and married to Bruno in about 1772.  Unfortunately the records don't go back that far.   I don't see a maiden name for Gertrude.

Kind regards,
Lucy
Załączniki:

Więcej
4 lata 7 miesiąc temu - 4 lata 7 miesiąc temu #37118 przez Rafał Molencki
Congrats, Lucy, on the new finding!

Here you have the Polish version of Bruno [here] Buła's second marriage with Salomea  Adamczak(owa):

www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY...362240901&cc=2115410

First there is a wedding promise or pledge of 22 Sept, then the banns of 29 Sept and finally the marriage record of 14 Oct. He was a 55-year old shoemaker (lit. the master of shoemaking craft: mistrz kunsztu szewskiego). His parents' names are not mentioned. Salomea is panna, i.e. virgin, aged 45, daughter of Franciszek and Zofia born Nowacka from the parish of Małuszyn. Only in the marriage record is there the info that Bruno was a widower and that he had been baptized in the same parish 55 years before

And I just found Gertruda's death record in Polish (no. 66), which gives you many more details than the one you sent me. Prokop Gruszkowski, the Dominican Monastery organist's handwriting is pretty awful, but here we go:

www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33S7...363102001&cc=2115410

Gertruda born Renik, wife of Bruno Bulla (here I think Bulka or Bułka, see below), in the Latin version most likely written by the priest himself her surname is Bullina; see below) died in house 69 at 7am Feb 24, 1811  (of hydrops, as says the Latin record) at the age of 62 - in Latin version "60 ut supponitur", i.e. 60, as is supposed. Her widower was a shoemaker, as above. Her death was announced by her neighbors Grzegorz Banierek and Tomasz Bulla (Bulka), the other one her son, I believe.

I think I need to explain the problem of declining wives', daughters' and sons' names in earlier Polish. Wives of men whose names ended in a consonant received the ending -owa or - ka (often accompanied by some consonantal changes), sometimes -owa was also added to spinsters. So Mrs. Nowak was usually referred to as Nowakowa or Nowaczka, Mrs. Kozieł Kozłowa, Koźlina or Koziołka, etc.. A daughter was Nowakówna. A son, especially a baby boy, could have a diminutive suffix -ek, so he could be called Nowaczek ((small Nowak, like in regular nouns, e.g. pies 'dog', piesek 'doggy') and when he grew up, he either remained Nowaczek  or returned to the regular form Nowak.
If the man's name ending in a vowel, especially -a, like in Bulla, Bula, his wife needed the ending -ina, -yna, thus Gertruda  Bullina, his daughter Bulanka and his son Bulka. Mrs. Noga would be Nożyna, etc. I realize this may be a nightmare for those who don't speak Polish, but nowadays even native speakers of Polish have problem with it and most women (except for some artists) use the masculine form of their husbands' or fathers' names. The exception are names that end in -ski, -cki - the regular and usual feminine form end in -ska, -cka, ie. Mr./Pan Kowalski but Mrs. /Pani Kowalska, and Mr. and Mrs. /Państwo Kowalscy (the obligatory plural).
Ostatnia4 lata 7 miesiąc temu edycja: Rafał Molencki od.

Więcej
4 lata 7 miesiąc temu #37119 przez Lucy Humphries
Rafal, thank you for explaining the name changes.  It is very challenging knowing if you have the right family with so many variations of their last names.  I am still amazed at all the information you are able to decipher from the records.
I have found a different death record for Jan Bulla dated 1836, one year after his wife's death, Rozalia.  It is in the same village  of Przyborow.  However, I don't see an age for him, or my eyes are just getting tired. The record also mentions a Tomak Bula which could be his brother.  Please review the attached record #22 and let me know if you think it could be him.

Kind regards,
Lucy
Załączniki:

Czas generowania strony: 0,000 s.
Zasilane przez Forum Kunena

Logowanie