Translate a marriage document from Russian to English

Więcej
5 lata 1 miesiąc temu #35253 przez Kathryn Thomas
I am looking for the translation of my great-grandparents marriage document from Russian to English, please.  Their names are Szczepan Brzeczkowski and Stanislawa Pierzgalska.   All information is welcomed as I would like to know if the names of their parents and birth places are included.  Thanking you, in advance, for all your time and assistance.
Regards,
Kathryn Osypiewski-Thomas

Poszukuję tłumaczenia dokumentu z moich pradziadków z języka rosyjskiego na angielski, proszę. Nazywają się Szczepan Brzeczkowski i Stanisława Pierzgalska. Wszystkie informacje są mile widziane, ponieważ chciałbym wiedzieć, czy zawierają imiona i nazwiska ich rodziców oraz miejsca urodzenia. Dziękując z góry za cały twój czas i pomoc.Pozdrowienia,
Kathryn Osypiewski-Thomas

Załącznik StephenandStellamarriage1894.jpg nie został znaleziony

Załącznik StephenandStellamarriage1894.jpg nie został znaleziony

Please Zaloguj or Zarejestruj się to join the conversation.

Więcej
5 lata 1 miesiąc temu - 5 lata 1 miesiąc temu #35257 przez Rafał Molencki
Replied by Rafał Molencki on topic Translate a marriage document from Russian to English
Yes, all the info that you're seeking is here:
Częstochowa, St. Barbara's parish,  5pm (13) 25 July 1894. Witnesses:  Ignacy Sosiński, blacksmith, aged 42 & Antoni Konopka, shoemaker, aged 29. Bridegroom: Szczepan Brzeczkowski, bachelor, aged 20, born at the village and parish of Krzywosądz in the Warsaw district, son of Wojciech Brzeczkowski, gardener and Mary Chmielewska. Bride: Stanisława  Piżgalska [such spelling here both in Russian and Polish], virgin, aged 19, born in Częstochowa in St. Zygmunt's parish, living now in St. Barbara's parish with her parents Jan Piżgalski and Bronisława Kulińska. This is followed by the standard info about the (three) banns, no canonical impediments, no premarital agreement, name of the vicar who signed the act himself, as all the others were illiterate, etc.

And here you have the baptism of Stanisława:
www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY...362482201&cc=2115410

born 26 April 1874 in Nowa Częstochowa of Jan [now] Pirzgalski, shoemaker, aged 25 and Bronisława Kulińska, aged 19

and the marriage of Jan and Bronisława 5 Feb 1873:

www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY...362451101&cc=2115410

Jan [now] Pierzgalski, aged 23 and 4 months, bachelor, born in Nowa Częstochowa of Leopold Pierzgalski and Marianna Krzymińska + Bronisława [now] Kalińska, aged 19, born in Nowa Częstochowa of Ludwik and Marianna/Julianna Palutkiewicz

The earlier records are in Polish, so you'll be able to easily find the baptism records of Jan (c1849) and Bronisława (c1852) in the same parish and then possibly the marriages of their respective parents and so on, and so forth... Good luck!

PS: Leopold and Marianna were married in 1835 (act 47); Ludwik and Julianna in 1846 (act 91)
Ostatnia5 lata 1 miesiąc temu edycja: Rafał Molencki od.

Więcej
5 lata 1 miesiąc temu #35261 przez Kathryn Thomas
Replied by Kathryn Thomas on topic Translate a marriage document from Russian to English
Rafał:  I cannot thank you enough for what you have done for me and my family.  My mother, Joan Brzeczkowski-Osypiewski, just turned 88 years old and this is going to a part of her birthday present!  Thank you so much, again.

Kasia

Rafał: Nie mogę ci wystarczająco podziękować za to, co zrobiłeś dla mnie i mojej rodziny. Moja mama, Joan Brzeczkowski-Osypiewski, właśnie skończyła 88 lat i to będzie część jej urodzinowego prezentu! Jeszcze raz bardzo dziękuję.

Więcej
5 lata 1 miesiąc temu #35271 przez Rafał Molencki
Replied by Rafał Molencki on topic Translate a marriage document from Russian to English
Pleased to hear I've been helpful. Regrettably, the Krzywosądz records are not available online. If you want to trace the Brzeczkowski history, you need to look through the parish records (including Szczepan's baptism c1874) in one of the Family History Centers: the relevant years are there!  Many happy returns to your Mother!

Więcej
5 lata 1 miesiąc temu #35281 przez Kathryn Thomas
Replied by Kathryn Thomas on topic Translate a marriage document from Russian to English
Rafal:
I think I may have found Szczepan's birth record.  I have attached it here, if you could, please, translate once more.  Please, let me tell you about how thankful and excited my mother was when I gave her the information you provided; she was like a little girl with a new doll!  I don't ever recall her being so excited and deeply appreciative of what you did for us.  My parents will be married 65 years this August and I would like to bring them to Poland to visit the homeland of their parents.
Again, my best regards to you and thanks for all you are doing for my family.
Kathy Osypiewski-Thomas
Rafale, chyba udało mi się znaleźć zapis urodzenia Szczepana. Załączam to tutaj, jeśli możesz, proszę, przetłumaczyć jeszcze raz. Pozwól, że opowiem Ci o wdzięczności i podekscytowaniu mojej matki, kiedy przekazałem jej informacje, które podałeś; była jak mała dziewczynka z nową lalką! Nigdy nie pamiętam, żeby była tak podekscytowana i głęboko wdzięczna za to, co dla nas zrobiłaś. Moi rodzice zostaną małżeństwem 65 lat w sierpniu i chciałbym zabrać ich do Polski, aby odwiedzili ojczyznę swoich rodziców. Ponownie, pozdrawiam was i dziękuję za wszystko, co robicie dla mojej rodziny.
Załączniki:

Więcej
5 lata 1 miesiąc temu - 5 lata 1 miesiąc temu #35290 przez Rafał Molencki
That's him, indeed! Szczepan Jan born (2pm) and baptised (7pm) in the village of Krzywosądz on 9 Dec 1873 of Wojciech Brzeczkowski, gardener, aged 56 and Marianna Chmielewska, aged 40. Godparents: Kazimierz Stramowski and Jadwiga Kołakowska.

He appears to have been a rather late child, with probably some more older siblings. In Geneteka I find the marriage between Wojciech Brzeziński and Marianna Chmielewska - act 10 in 1872:

geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&l...02kp&rid=3274&search

If you have access to the book of marriages, it's definitely worth checking, as I have a strong suspicion that they might be Szczepan's parents married at such relatively old age having been widowed from their earlier spouses. Wojciech's surname may have been misspelt (or misread) in either Geneteka or by the priest who wrote the record. In the wedding record there will be the info about their birthplaces and the names of their parents.

It's great to have such nice feedback from your Mum :-)
Ostatnia5 lata 1 miesiąc temu edycja: Rafał Molencki od.

Czas generowania strony: 0,000 s.
Zasilane przez Forum Kunena

Logowanie