Translate a marriage document from Russian to English

Więcej
4 lata 4 miesiąc temu #38221 przez Kathryn Thomas
Replied by Kathryn Thomas on topic Translate a marriage document from Russian to English
Rafal:
Again, I'm so very thankful for your assistance in these translations.  I have here 3 more marriage documents: the first is Marianna Kiszel, the second is Edward Kiszel and the third Robert Wiktor Kiszel.  I can see they are the accurate family.  I am looking for clarification on the village(s) of their births.  There is a village called Wronowo in Gmina Karniewo which is not far from the village of Łukowo.  However, there is a village called Romanów in  Częstochowa Powiat.  These documents may help in tracking the movement of my Kiszel relations (there are many Kisiel/Kiszel families in the greater Częstochowa area.  

I am also attaching a picture of  a part of my family who attended my parents' celebration.

Thank you so much, again.

Kasia
Załączniki:

Please Zaloguj or Zarejestruj się to join the conversation.

Więcej
4 lata 4 miesiąc temu - 4 lata 4 miesiąc temu #38223 przez Rafał Molencki
Replied by Rafał Molencki on topic Translate a marriage document from Russian to English
All right, here we go:

Sep 8, 1895 Henryk Rożniewicz, 22, bachelor, born and living at Krasiniec with his parents Aleksander and Michalina born Krzeczkowska married Marianna Kiszel, 17, virgin, born at Łukowo and staying with her parents Wojciech and Rozalia Prokobiecka at Wronowo (Wronowe)

Jan 17, 1897 Edward Kiszel, 24, bachelor,  born at Łukowo and living with his parents Wojciech Kisiel and Rozalia Prokobiecka at Wronowe, married Helena Lipińska, 17, virgin, daughter of Tomasz and late Józefa from Wronowe

Feb 26, 1905 Robert Wiktor Kisiel, 25, bachelor, woodworker, living and born at Łukowo (Łukowe) of late Wojciech Kisiel and Rozalia Prokobiecka married Aleksandra Murawska, 18, virgin, illegitimate daughter of Stefania Murawska

Feb 14, 1909  Edward Kiszel, 32, widower, born at Łukowo of the wooodworkers or carpenters, late Adalbert or Wojciech Kiszel and Rozalia Prokobiecka, married Józefa, 31, widow after Paweł Kaźmierczak, daughter of  Michał Raczkowski and Teofila Janiak

There's more details, but you've got the most important info above. So you're from upstate New York. Congratulations  to your parents on their exceptional anniversary!
Ostatnia4 lata 4 miesiąc temu edycja: Rafał Molencki od.

Więcej
4 lata 4 miesiąc temu #38224 przez Kathryn Thomas
Replied by Kathryn Thomas on topic Translate a marriage document from Russian to English
Rafal:
Thank you again!  Yes, I was born in North Tonawanda, NY (outside of Buffalo, NY); my family moved to Central NY in the late 1960's.  Upstate NY is a beautiful area!
I am now indexing the birth records from Karniewo beginning in 1842; I continue forward until the records are written in Russian - but, I may try to see what I can do.  It is satisfying to complete each year knowing that there may be one name someone is searching for to complete a part of their family.  I want to thank you for being here for me and urging me in the right direction.  I have built my family tree to almost 1,500 people!  
Maybe, I will find some relatives hidden in these indexes!
I will keep in touch.
Kindly,
Kasia

Więcej
4 lata 4 miesiąc temu #38241 przez Kathryn Thomas
Greetings Rafał:  Now, I have found the death certificate of Wojciech Kiszel.  I am looking specifically for information on the village of his birth.  I have looked in the Karniewo records to see if the Romanów  might be the correct one with no results.  There are 3 other mentions of a Romanów; they are:  gmina Łódż / powiat Łódż, gmina Rzgów / powiat Łódż and one in powiat Częstochowa.  I will look at those records next.

Thank you, again!
Warmest regards,
Kasia
Załączniki:

Więcej
4 lata 4 miesiąc temu - 4 lata 4 miesiąc temu #38242 przez Rafał Molencki
Replied by Rafał Molencki on topic Translate a marriage document from Russian to English
Hi, there! Wojciech Kiszel, the carpenter, died at 7am on June 29, 1904 at the age of 63. The record says that he lived and was born at Łukowe of "immemorable parents" and that he left behind his widow Rozalia Prokobiecka. So you should try and look for his baptism or birth in the same parish of Karniewo in the early 1840s.
As for the name Romanów, there were many more of those throughout the country in the 19th c., but some of them might have changed their names and/or were later incorporated into other bigger towns or villages and you won't find them in the present-day map of Poland. 19th century Słownik geograficzny Królestwa Polskiego lists as many as 21 Romanóws:

dir.icm.edu.pl/pl/Slownik_geograficzny/Tom_IX/720

Given that yours come mostly  from north Mazowsze, I suspect that your Romanów will most likely be No. 1 or 2 in the Słownik list (parishes Słubice and Gąbin), but I may be wrong, of course.

PS I just looked up the parish of Karniewo births 1840-1842, but don't find the name Kiszel/Kisiel there:

www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M...-Q?mode=g&cat=548639

So not only were the parents immemorable, so was the place of his birth, I'm afraid.
Ostatnia4 lata 4 miesiąc temu edycja: Rafał Molencki od.

Więcej
4 lata 3 miesiąc temu #38405 przez Kathryn Thomas
Rafal:
I hope you and your family enjoyed a blessed and Merry Christmas and I wish you a safe, healthy and happy 2020.  Thank you for help regarding Wojciech Kiszel.  I found the marriage record of Wojciech and Rózalia in the Karniewo records (which I am now working on indexing the birth records beginning in 1843; I am working on 1850 now).  I found that Wojciech was born in Szczytno.  It looks like the Kolk's and the Kizsel's orignated in southern Masuria.  Polish highway 57 certainly was the road used by my family!  Rózalia was born in Długosiodło.
So, now I have another Russian document for your help.  This is the marriage of Adam Kolk (brother of Michał) and Helena Banecka.  It looks like both Michał and Adam married women from the same area.  I assume that economic reasons brought them to the location.  I believe there was a sugar refinery in the Karniewo area.  Sugar refinery construction seems to be the driving force as most of my family appear to be carpenters.  Is there information available on 19th century construction in Poland?  It may provide more information on decisions made for frequent traveling.
Here is some news...I am coming to visit Poland in July.  I am very excited and one of my stops will be in Częstochowa.  I am planning on driving up Highway 57 to visit the villages of my family.
I can't say thank you enough; you have been a large help in discovering so much of my family!  
Again, thank you and Happy New Year!
Kasia

Załączniki:

Czas generowania strony: 0,000 s.
Zasilane przez Forum Kunena

Logowanie