Translate a marriage document from Russian to English

Więcej
5 lata 2 miesiąc temu #35488 przez Kathryn Thomas
Replied by Kathryn Thomas on topic Translate a marriage document from Russian to English
Rafal:
I am doing very well in my research efforts and I have you to thank for getting me started on my journey.  My mother is so thankful that I found you to help us.  I have gone through the Polish records and now I am into the records written in Latin!  Along the way, I have become quite proficient in reading Polish documents thanks to several books and the online translator.  Ultimately, it is you that I owe my gratitude the most.  I am trying to decipher records in Russian and, please let me share my experience.  My search has taken me deep into Polish history to further understand the experiences of my family.  The Russian occupation of your homeland was a brutal time and terribly unjust to the Polish people.  :(  The Russian language is ugly and I struggle to understand and interpret - so unlike Polish, which is beautiful and eloquent.  
So, Rafal, I ask you please to translate another document.  This is the marriage document of Wojciech Brzeckowski and Maryanna Chmielewska.  As you pointed out before, both were older and widowed at the time of their marriage in 1872.  I am unsure of Maryanna's maiden name.  Also, I have discovered Wojciech's parents in birth documents from Wieniec.  I am trying to research Maryanna's family.
Could you provide as much information as possible on this document?  I would like to try to learn so of the key words (although I have a book, sometimes the words are not easy to translate.  Also, we so much appreciate all of your work that we would gladly make a donation to all of your efforts.  I do not mean this as an insult, but as an offer of generosity and thanks.  I do research for people in Poland in the USA and I am willing to help out in any way that I can.
Thanking you again for all you have done.  The document attached is in two parts because it was on two pages in the book.
Gratefully, 
Kathy
Załączniki:

Please Zaloguj or Zarejestruj się to join the conversation.

Więcej
5 lata 2 miesiąc temu - 5 lata 2 miesiąc temu #35491 przez Rafał Molencki
Replied by Rafał Molencki on topic Translate a marriage document from Russian to English
Sorry, Cathy,  I'm in a rush and will be away for the next couple of days, so only the most important info:

Krzywosądz 26 Nov 1872, marriage between Wojciech Brzeczkowski, widowed from Katarzyna born Smarzewska on 29 Aug same year, son of the late Jakub Brzeczkowski and the late Anastazja ?Bonicka/Boniecka, a gardener born in the village of
Wieniec, aged 53 + Marianna Dorucka born Chmielewska, widow of Wojciech Dorucki, a gardener, who died in the town of Włocławek 17 Nov 1863, daughter of the late (both parents) Mateusz Chmielewski and Marianna Raczkowska, born in
Włocławek, aged 37

If you manage to find the relevant records from Wieniec and Włocławek, they will be in Polish, as Russian regrettably replaced Polish in public records in the early months of 1868 as one of the punishments for the January Uprising. Good luck!
Ostatnia5 lata 2 miesiąc temu edycja: Rafał Molencki od.

Więcej
5 lata 2 miesiąc temu #35749 przez Kathryn Thomas
Replied by Kathryn Thomas on topic Translate a marriage document from Russian to English
Rafal:
I hope that you enjoyed your holiday.  Thank you for the last translation.  It was very helpful.  I am getting much better at reading birth records in Russian.  Now, I have a some very special ones.  I have finally begun to discover my mother's maternal family:  Michal Kolk and Franciszka Kiszel.  The first record I am attaching is my Uncle Stefan's birth record.  I am looking for the names of the villages and occupations to further assist me in researching the family.  I have extracted the dates already.  

I can't tell you how much all of this means to me.  The day I found the birth record of my maternal grandmother was the best!  She was very special to me.

So, I will attach these documents one at a time.  Thank you for all you do, Rafal.
Załączniki:

Więcej
5 lata 2 miesiąc temu #35750 przez Kathryn Thomas
Rafal:
This document is the marriage record of my great-grandfather's brother, Wilhelm.  Again, I am hoping to gain insight into where they lived before they came to Krasiniec.  My Uncle Stefan was born there; however, 4 of the other 7 chuldren were born in Brześć Kujawski.  Thank you again!

Kathy
Załączniki:

Więcej
5 lata 2 miesiąc temu #35751 przez Kathryn Thomas
Replied by Kathryn Thomas on topic Translate a death record from Russian to English
Rafal:
These are two death records from the Kolk family.  I believe one is the sister (Anna) of my great-grandfather, Michal (son of Maciej).  The other appears to be the daughter of Wilhelm (Michal's brother).  

Now, I will begin to learn to read these other documents.  But, you are the best!!!  And thanks to you I AM TRYING!

I have met a cousin in Czestochowa through Facebook.  He is now interested in our Pierzgalski family history.  I told him about your group and what you have to offer.  Keep up the great work.

Thanks, again,
Kathy
Załączniki:

Więcej
5 lata 2 miesiąc temu #35757 przez Rafał Molencki
Replied by Rafał Molencki on topic Translate a marriage document from Russian to English
Hi, Kathy. Still trying to overcome the jetlag and catching up with things here at work and at home, but here we go:

Record One: Krasiniec, parish Krasne (now Maków district/county, województwo mazowieckie) 30 Dec 1888. Michal Kolk, a labourer from Krasiniec aged 26 reports the birth of his son Stefan born at 11 am on 28 Dec of his wife Franciszka Kiszelewska, aged 19. Godparents: Jan Gorajczyk and Bronisława Witkowska

Record Two: Szczuki Stare, parish Krasne 15 Nov 1882  marriage between  Wilhelm Kolk, widower after Eleonora Senkowska (died at Bogate - her death record below), born in Opalica, parish Lesiny in Prussia (the German occupied part of Poland after the partitions), son of Maciej and Dorota Szmalc, labourer from Szczuki Stare, aged 27 and Wiktoria Wojcielińska, virgin from Szczuki Stare, aged 16, daughter of Józef and Katarzyna Zaradkiewicz, farmers. Witnesses: Franciszek Krajewski and Jakub Drwieszczek. The margin note in Polish says that Wiktoria Kolk died 26 Nov 1949  

On the map I can see that Lesiny (then in Prussia) is only 40 miles north of Szczuki, right on the border between modern województwo warmińsko-mazurskie and mazowieckie. In the 19th c., however, they were in two different (German and Russian occupied) parts of Poland

Record Three: 2pm 18 July 1882 death of Anna Kolka, virgin, aged 18, daughter of Maciej and Dorota Szmalc. The news announced by Maciej Kolka (58) and Wilhelm Kolka (27)

Record Four: Bogate, same day 18 July 1882  2pm: death of Eleonora Kolka, aged 22, daughter of Adam Senkowski and late Katarzyna Gorącka, who left widower Wilhelm Kolka. The news reported by husband Wilhelm Kolka, labourer, aged 27 and father Adam Senkowski (could obviously be Sękowski), farmer, aged 62, both from the village of Krasiniec

Czas generowania strony: 0,000 s.
Zasilane przez Forum Kunena

Logowanie