Translate a marriage document from Russian to English

• Rafał Molencki
  • Z dala
  • Użytkownik
  • Użytkownik
Więcej
5 lata 1 miesiąc temu - 5 lata 1 miesiąc temu #36197 przez Rafał Molencki
Replied by Rafał Molencki on topic Translate a marriage document from Russian to English
Interestingly, here in 1827 we have father Jan Kolka, the cowherd/shepherd from Mchowo, still aged 50! Franciszka was born at 11am on June 21, 1827 of his wife here called Marianna Pajączkówna. Again  the organist got the mother's name wrong. They did not care much about the exactness of the records. As for the age, it was often more than approximate - ten, even twenty years less or more was a common practise, especially in death records. In those days people didn't often realize how old they were themselves, let alone the witnesses, usually next-door neighbors,  who brought the news to the priest.
In Franciszka's death record of 7pm March 5, 1828 Jan Kolka, pasterz dworski, i.e. the manor shep/cow-herd,  is 60 years old and his wife is now correctly described as Katarzyna Pajączkówna, aged 40.

Good luck with your search along Highway 57!
Ostatnia5 lata 1 miesiąc temu edycja: Rafał Molencki od.

Please Zaloguj or Zarejestruj się to join the conversation.

Więcej
5 lata 1 tydzień temu #36313 przez Kathryn Thomas
Replied by Kathryn Thomas on topic Translate a marriage document from Russian to English
Rafal:
Thank you for all you have done for me and my family.  I have been working on a project for the past few weeks and I'm getting ready to visit my uncle and cousins for the Easter weekend.  I have a a couple of documents for you to check.  I will send them when I return.  

Wishing you and your family a beautiful and peaceful Easter.  
Wesołej Wielkanocy!

Thank you again.  Yours,
Kasia

Więcej
5 lata 2 dni temu #36357 przez Kathryn Thomas
Replied by Kathryn Thomas on topic Translate a marriage document from Russian to English
Good day, Rafal!
Here is the marriage record of Augustyna Kolk and Franciszek Chaberski from Krasne.  Augustyna is the older sister of my great-grandfather, Michal.  

Thanking you for your help!
Kasia
Załączniki:

• Rafał Molencki
  • Z dala
  • Użytkownik
  • Użytkownik
Więcej
5 lata 2 dni temu - 5 lata 2 dni temu #36358 przez Rafał Molencki
Replied by Rafał Molencki on topic Translate a marriage document from Russian to English
Hi, here we go:

The village of Zbiki (I checked it - should be Żbiki)  1pm Aug 24, 1873, in the presence of Józef Moczulak, 47 and Józef Grabowski, 45, both servants at (?the mansion of) Żbiki the marriage ceremony was held between Franciszek Chaberski, widower of Marianna , a servant from Żbiki, aged 30, born at Bogate, son of late Maciej and Franciszka still living  (no maiden names given either for the first wife or the mother) and Augusta Amalia Kolk, aged 22, staying with her parents at  Żbiki, born at Linbark (I don't see the place on the map, either changed the name or could be Lidzbark?, a bigger town) in Prussia, daughter of Maciej and Elżbieta Smalc. Then the usual formulas about the banns on three successive Sunday, lack of antenuptial agreement and the info that the act was read out to all the participants on account of their illiteracy.
Ostatnia5 lata 2 dni temu edycja: Rafał Molencki od.

Więcej
4 lata 4 miesiąc temu #38218 przez Kathryn Thomas
Greetings to you, Rafal.  I hope this finds you and your family in good spirits and good health.  I have had a very interesting year.  My mother and father celebrated 65 years of marriage this past August.  We had a wonderful celebration of life and love!  Since that time, I have begun indexing Polish documents.  Reading Polish becomes easier each time I index another record.  Russian is still not easy for me; I stay with documents in Polish.  This is a very satisfying activity.
I have found several cousins here in America by using the experience I have gained.  
I have finally found my great-grandmother, Franciszka Kiszel and Michal Kolk's marriage record!  I was attending a seminar in Niagara Falls, NY, USA in October and got copies of their death certificates while I was nearby.  It listed the names of their parents.  
Franscizka's parents are Wojciech Kiszel (Kisiel) and her mother was Rozalia Prokobiecka.  I searched through the indexed records (again) in Mazowiecki and found the listing for the marriage of two brothers and a sister!  They lived in Karniewo which is about 10 km from Szczuki!  Finally, I found the marriage record!
Now, I kindly ask you once more to assist me with the translation of this document.  I'm still looking for birth records, but this is certainly exciting!
And more exciting news...I am planning on visiting Poland next July!  I very excited about my trip!

For now, I wish you and your family all my best and I patiently await your response.

Warmest regards,
Kasia
Załączniki:

• Rafał Molencki
  • Z dala
  • Użytkownik
  • Użytkownik
Więcej
4 lata 4 miesiąc temu #38220 przez Rafał Molencki
Hi, Kasia, great to hear from you again. Michał and Franciszka's marriage ceremony took place on Oct, 16 1887. The witnesses were Piotr Dziwanowski and Jan Banecki. The groom was a bachelor of 25 and he was the son of Maciej Kolk and Szarlota (Charlotte) born Szmalec (Schmaltz). He was born in Opaleniec in Prussia (you should look for his baptism record at either Wielbark or Opaleniec itself c1862). The bride was a virgin of 21, daughter of Wojciech Kiszel and Rozalia born Prokobiecka. She was born at ?Romanów and was living with her parents at Łukowo. The banns had been announced in the two parishes: Krasne and Karniewo.

Czas generowania strony: 0,000 s.
Zasilane przez Forum Kunena

Logowanie